Artificial Intelligence and machine learning will eventually change the way we work in the AEC industry. In this podcast interview, Ricardo Farinha, Director of Technology at Sweco, talks about his and Sweco’s journey into AI.
In the podcast, we discuss the following topics:
- What got Ricardo interested in AI and machine learning
- How the Design Recommendation System project has paved the way for further development
- Sweco’s participation in the AEC Hackathons
- The most promising applications of AI and machine learning in the AEC industry
- How AI could improve collaboration on a project
- What’s in the future for Sweco regarding AI
About Ricardo and Sweco
Ricardo is currently the Director of Technology at Sweco. He has worked in the Architectural and Engineering in Construction (AEC) field for over a decade, where he has been involved in the digitalization efforts for some of the biggest engineering companies in Europe. You can follow him on LinkedIn.
Sweco is Europe’s leading architecture and engineering consultancy. It plans and designs sustainable communities and cities of the future. With 17,500 employees in Northern Europe, the company offers its clients the right expertise for every project. Sweco carries out projects in 70 countries annually.