In this episode of the AEC Business podcast, Aarni Heiskanen interviews Raffi Holzer, CEO of Avvir. The company provides a reality analysis platform that uses reality capture and BIM data to automate construction verification and progress monitoring.
The discussion topics include
- Raffi’s “unorthodox” background
- How traditional companies can start transforming their business with technology
- What Raffi thinks about the quality and usability of data in today’s construction
- What is Avvvir’s solution and who uses it
- How to take it into use
- Success stories
- How Raffi sees the future of construction tech.
About Raffi Holzer
Raffi Holzer is the CEO of Avvir, a construction technology company based in NYC that employs computer vision and deep learning to provide automated construction verification and progress monitoring.
Prior to starting Avvir, Raffi worked for three years as a product manager, helping clients realize and bring to market products that served the needs of both the users and the business.
He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with two master’s degrees in mechanical and bioengineering and enjoys finding ways to apply his interdisciplinary training to difficult problems. He is passionate about bringing cutting-edge technology to market and often reads journal articles in fields ranging from neuroscience to materials engineering to stay ahead of what’s next.