BIM-Centric Research Program Results Now Online
RYM is the Strategic Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation for the built environment in Finland. RYM has published the results report of its first research program, PRE, as an online publication.
The PRE (Built Environment Process Re-Engineering) program, carried out in 2010–2014, involved 37 companies and 6 research institutes. With support from Tekes, they invested a total of about EUR 21.8 million in the development of new BIM (Building Information Management) based procedures and business models.
- Model Nova – Use of BIM during property´s life cycle from the owner´s perspective (Senate Properties)
- NewWOW – Changing nature and requirements of knowledge work and their impact on management of an organization and spaces (Rapal Oy)
- BIMCON – BIM-based product data management in the delivery chain of industrialized building (Skanska Oy)
- DRUM – Entity data models and standards (Tekla Oyj)
- Infra FINBIM – Future innovation-based delivery chain of the infra sector (VR Track Oy)
- BIMCity – Platform for dissemination, evaluation and development of community-level built environment digital models (FCG Oy)
The research results are presented as “result cards”. The researcher themselves were responsible for creating the descriptions using a centralized content management system. Readers can search and filter the cards based on keywords, work packages, people, and participating companies. There are also dynamic analysis tables of the results.
The program’s evaluators were Arto Kiviniemi, Professor at University of Liverpool, and Ilkka Romo, Vice President, R&D at Skanska Oy.
RYM wanted the report to be optimized for tablets and smartphones, but you can read on a PC as well.
The full report is available at http://rymreport.com/pre/.
If you like my blog and podcast, subscribe to my monthly newsletter!