In this episode of the AEC Business podcast, Dr. Gerald C. (Jerry) Kane talks about digital transformation that’s taking place across industries. He argues that this transformation is about making your business adaptable in a digital world, which may or may not involve technology at all. Furthermore, transformation is not a one-time change but an ongoing process.
In the podcast, Aarni Heiskanen and Jerry discuss:
- What are the two myths of digital transformation
- How companies are dealing with Covid disruption exhaustion
- Why efficiency improvements alone do not bring the actual advantages of digitalization
- What is digital maturity
- How a construction company can digitalize its processes in a project-driven industry with many partners having varying maturities
- Do we need digital leadership?
- How to deal with legacy IT systems in digital transformation
- How to capitalize on Artificial Intelligence in the AEC sector
About Jerry Kane
Dr. Gerald C. (Jerry) Kane is a Professor and the C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Chair in Business Administration at the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. He researches and teaches about how companies can understand and respond to digital disruption to undergraduate, graduate, and executive education students worldwide; and he has published over 100 papers, articles, and reports on these topics. He has written two books for MIT Press: The Technology Fallacy: How People are the Real Key to Digital Transformation and The Transformation Myth: Leading Your Organization Through Uncertain Times.
Visit www.profkane.com to contact Jerry.