Update your knowledge!
Construction Robotics Today is a self-paced, concise e-learning course for industry practitioners.
“This course provides tremendous value and insight into the best use cases of robotics in construction. It gives great real-world companies leading the way along with studying why and how you should devote the time and effort to changing your workflow to incorporate industry 4.0 technology.”
We update this list regularly. If you want to suggest additions or changes to this list, please contact us.
33 Construction Robotics Companies
The companies are presented in alphabetical order.
ABB is one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers.
Advanced Construction Robotics
ACR is a world-leading innovator of autonomous robotic equipment.
- Tybot, the autonomous rebar-tying robot
- IronBot works independently of, or complementary to TyBot, and will autonomously carry and place rebar for horizontal concrete applications
Align Robotics is an Australian robotics company established in 2017.
- AutoMARK: a boundless printer that can print on almost any horizontal surface found on construction or project sites. The robot interprets CAD (2D) drawings, translating the points and features of a building or civil design (from CAD software) directly onto a range of surfaces and topography via a patented drawing, painting, and robotic mechanisms – automating the measuring pre-marking, mark-out, set-out and positioning process.
- TerraMARK: does the functions of AutoMARK, with the added benefit of surveying site features with LIDAR, and can create 3D mapping point cloud data of 3D environment features, effectively automating the surveying process.
The company serves industrial operators with automated robotic inspections to support their efforts in monitoring and maintaining their plants.
The company’s four-legged ANYmal robot provides actionable insights anywhere and anytime. It patrols complex and harsh environments as an autonomous data collection and analysis vehicle.
BIMPRINTER® is a full robotic high definition plotter, tracing at laser millimeter accuracy, straight on slabs with all the associated details of a digital project. BIMPRINTER® is fully compatible with all major brands of robotic total stations including Leica, Trimble, Topcon, and Sokkia.
Blue Ocean Robotics
The company develops, produces, and sells professional service robots primarily in healthcare, hospitality, construction and agriculture. Their portfolio includes brands like UVD Robots; GoBe Robots; PTR Robots and a handful of other service robots. Blue Ocean Robotics is the world’s first – Robot Venture Factory.
SPOT – the mobile robot designed for sensing, inspection, and remote operation.
Brokk produces electric demolition robots. The three-part arm system of the robot provides extraordinary flexibility and reach, and can be equipped with a variety of powerful attachments. When equipped with a crusher, the quiet, electric-powered hydraulics allow you to work during business hours or in areas with noise restrictions.
- Brokk 110 – With its compact size and outstanding power, it dominates in confined spaces and can easily handle tough terrain or stairs. Additionally,
the Brokk 110 can fit in an elevator, as well as a car trailer or small truck.
- Brokk 170 – This lightweight robot offers impressive impact with a robust breaker and a powerful (but almost silent) concrete crusher. Compact enough to fit through normal doorways and capable of running at only 32 A, this robot offers outstanding power and reliability.
- Brokk 200 – Weighing only 2.1 tons, the Brokk 200 uses 27.5 kilowatts of Brokk SmartPower™ to carry attachments in a weight class higher than its size. Equipped with the breaker BHB 305 or the Darda CC480 concrete crusher, the Brokk 200 is unbeatable.
- Brokk 900 – The Brokk 900 is intended for heavy demolition and the tunneling industry. Brokk 900 will be equipped with BHB 1500 which will give you more hitting power than any other demolition robot in the world.
Built Robotics’ mission is to build the robots that build the world. By upgrading off-the-shelf heavy equipment with AI guidance systems, Built’s technology enables machines to operate fully autonomously.
Canvas is a construction robotics startup that brings together the expert skills of a journeyman with cutting-edge robotics technology to achieve higher quality work, make job sites safer, and improve the places in which we live, work, sleep, and play.
The company offers robotic land surveying marking services and rental options around the US.
- CivDot+ for heavy civil projects with high precision needs (1/2” accuracy).
- CivDot for heavy civil projects with low precision needs (2″-6″ accuracy).
- CivDot roads for roads and compacted soils with high precision needs.
Construction Automation aims to modernize and advance traditional processes and systems within the housebuilding industry, through designing and building construction robots.
- The Automated Brick Laying Robot (ABLR): The ABLR builds with standard bricks, blocks, and mortar and will revolutionize the traditional house building process.
Construction Robotics is dedicated to developing affordable, leading-edge robotics and automation equipment for the construction industry.
- ML150: MULE (Material Unit Lift Enhancer) is lift-assist equipment designed and built to handle and place heavy material on construction sites. It improves the safety and efficiency of your whole team.
- SAM100: SAM, short for Semi-Automated Mason, is a bricklaying system designed and engineered to make the process safer and less physically demanding. The first commercially available system of its kind for onsite masonry construction, SAM has been increasing on-site productivity for nearly 10 years.
The company provides automated layout services to the construction industry. The layout robots bring BIM information out onto the field.
- Robotic layout automation that eliminates manual steps in the BIM->field workflow
FBR – Fastbricks Robotics
FBR designs, develops, builds and operates dynamically stabilized robots to address global needs.
- Hadrian X, a unique construction robot mounted into a classic cab over engine truck to easily transport it to and from a location for on-site building.
- Fastbrick Wall System that uses optimized blocks specifically designed for Hadrian X.
- Dynamic Stabilisation Technology (DST™) reacts to wind, vibration and other environmental factors instantly, enabling precise positioning of objects over large distances outside.
The Husqvarna DXR series of remote-controlled demolition robots are the very latest in demolition machines, featuring high power, low weight, and functional design. They are the obvious choice for users who want maneuverable yet highly powerful, stable machines with a long reach.
- DXR 315, DXR 305, DXR 275, DXR 145
Hyperion Robotics develops robotic 3D printing technologies to make construction processes safer, faster and more cost-effective.
- Project development
- Hyperion 3D Printing System
KEWAZO offers smart robotic elevators for industrial and construction sites, with the first application focus being scaffolding assembly.
- KEWAZO offers smart robotic elevators that significantly improve scaffolding assembly process by delivering parts Just-In-Time and Just-In-Place during assembly.
KOBOTS develops, produces, and sells robots for the construction industry. The company’s first product has been an on-site cutting robot. The robot is mostly used for gypsum but can be used for most board materials (the carpenter use).
KOBOTS products increase productivity by automating work processes and making work smarter and healthier.
Les Companions offers a collaborative robot for painters. Intended for second-fix work, PACO assists the painter on sanding and painting works and on renovated or new constructions.
NeXtera Robotics is innovating construction through robotics and automation solutions.
NeXtera OS – an operating system for industrial robots – is at the core of every NeXtera solution. It combines most progressive robot control techniques with advanced sensors and real-time data processing. It allows to program any robot on the market without a single line of code, cuts robotic solution integration time up to 10 times.
- NeXtera Oliver is an autonomous mobile robot for every construction site. Oliver draws a complete floor layout based on 3D models. It also scans the construction site with a laser scanner, compiles “as-built” model for construction quality and progress monitoring.
- NeXtera Cube: prefab mini-factories that produce wall and floor panels for a project, built 24/7.
- Drywall installation robots are coming soon.
Odico® is a pioneer in robotics and digital manufacturing. The company’s mission is to transform the global construction industry. Using technology, they want to increase efficiency and unleash the industry’s innovative potential.
A dedicated group of people with vast experience in Robotics, Computer Vision, 3D Modeling, Motion Control algorithms, AI and of course Construction.
- A smart autonomous plastering robot, which operates along-side workers in a construction site.
Printstones develops Baubot, a compact mobile robot that can drive through doors, climb stairs, use elevators. The company has developed several applications for the Baubot ecosystem, including concrete 3d printing, formwork milling, micro-trenching, plasma cutting, and sanding. The Baubot open platform allows 3rd parties to develop and monetize their own hardware tools and applications.
- BAUBOT MRS10-100 / compact and flexible bot
Being fully mobile, compact, and lightweight, MRS10-100 is a universal solution to accomplish precise tasks on construction sites where space and floor-load are limited. The MRS10-100 has a vehicle payload of 500 kg and a robot payload of 10 kg. The reach of the robot arm is 1000 mm.
- BAUBOT MRS70-210 / high-performance bot
With a massive payload of both vehicle and robotic arm, the MRS 70-210 is perfect to perform a variety of tasks that require stability, reach, and torque. The MRS70-210 has a vehicle payload of 900 kg and a robot payload of 70 kg. The reach of the robot arm is 2100 mm.
- BAUBOT SRS100-400 / digital on-site manufacturing cell
Placed in a standard ISO container, the SRS100-400 is a complete digital manufacturing cell, which can be used at construction sites or concrete factories for additive and subtractive production tasks. The SRS100-400 has a gantry system with a payload of 100 kg and a production area of 4.2 m2.
Q-Bot’s robots spray insulation under building floors. The insulation immediately reduces the heat lost through the floor and stops draughts.
The Randek ZeroLabor Robotic System is a fully automatic robotic system that performs various working processes fully automatic. The system is flexible and can be configured to customer needs.
The robotic system can be integrated into existing production lines or work as a standalone unit. The system can handle the production of walls, floors, and roofs. The latest iteration, Zero Labor 3.0 has increased speed & even greater functionality. The robotic system is configurable with 2-5 robots, and is also available to suit light gauge steel wall frames.
Their first product tackles the challenge of field layout and replaces slow, error-prone, manual layout with an autonomous vehicle that marks fully-coordinated A/E designs directly onto unfinished floors.
The SafeAI Autonomous Platform brings advanced Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Vehicle technology to mining and construction industries.
For more than 25 years, Sarcos has created dexterous robotic systems designed to master the world’s most dangerous and unpredictable environments.
- Guardian S, a surveillance and inspection tool
- Guardian XO, an exoskeleton
- Guardian XT, a tele-operated dexterous robot
The company’s mission is to modernize construction with Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, thereby creating a manufacturing process that is lean, efficient and cost-effective.
- A site monitoring robot that helps track the progress of a construction project
The Robotic Installation System for Elevators (Schindler R.I.S.E) combines advanced automation with elevator technology. For the first time in history, a robot can execute installation steps autonomously, providing many benefits including the safe and high-quality installation of elevators.
Toggle’s full stack robotics and automation solution for rebar fabrication and assembly multiplies labor productivity by 3x and increases overall production 5x over traditional assembly methods.
The Singaporean startup develops inspection robots and provides robot management software services.
- Quicabot robot uses cameras and laser technology to pick up cracks or uneven surfaces and further upload 3D reports to the cloud while notifying the human operator.
- Pictobot automates wall painting
- Xdbot performs automatic disinfection on construction sites
The number of companies in the list is 33.