Is it time for you to consider robotics?
Are you worried about construction labor shortages in the near future? Are you all the time up to date on what’s happening in a construction project? Do you consider an industrialized model for your business?
If any of those questions are your concerns, robotics could be part of the answer.
Before you can start to think seriously about robotics, you must have a clear picture of its opportunities and challenges. The purpose of this course is to support your exploration of construction robotics efficiently.
Are construction robots finally taking off?
What is the state of construction robotics today? Is it still a pipe dream or something that is already feasible?
A year ago, we would not have imagined that autonomous delivery robots would drive by our house several times a day.
It was similarly surprising last year to see a robot dog navigate safely through a construction site. We’ve also witnessed a robot that can 3D print building components that use less material and are sturdier than their traditional counterparts.
Why this course came about
Hello! I’m Aarni Heiskanen, Construction Innovation Agent and blogger/podcaster at aec-business.com.
Over the last few years, I’ve talked to several construction robotics developers and seen robots in action on construction sites. Apart from industrial robots, the on-site robots have been primarily experimental or pilot projects. But, as we know, technology acceleration is exponential, and the situation could soon be quite different.
My experiences led me to wonder whether construction companies should start considering robotization. That’s why I authored the e-learning course Construction Robotics Today. It is a practical view of the construction robotics scene. This course is for you if you’re a current or future construction practitioner.
The course contents
The course has three chapters:
1 – Trends and Technologies That Drive Construction Robotics
– Business Drivers
– Technical Drivers
– The Prospects of Construction Robotics
2 – Practical Examples of Construction Robotics
– Off-Site Robots
– On-Site Robots for Construction Work
– On-Site Surveillance and Marking Robots
3 – The Business Case for Construction Robotics
– Goals, Drivers, and the Solution
– Costs and Benefits
– Risks, Alternatives, and Recommendations
What you can expect
Everything you get in Construction Robotics Today:
- This is a self-paced online course that you can take at any time and anywhere.
- You learn about the business and technology drivers of construction robotics and potential opportunities and challenges to adopt robotics.
- You will be well-informed about robotics use cases and vendors.
- You get step-by-step instructions for devising your robotics business case study with downloadable templates.
- The course has diversified learning materials including text, video and audio material, and illustrations.
- Quick quizzes in each chapter to help you track your progress.
- After finishing the course, you get an authoritative certificate.
- You get lifetime access to the class. Because the technology develops fast, we’ll update the latest news in this course.
- As a bonus, you can join us in our live virtual meetings with robotic developers.