In this podcast episode, Aarni speaks with Francesca Noardo and Rick Klooster who gave presentations at this year’s first WDBE pre-event which took place in Tallinn, Estonia. The event was about BIM-based Building Permit Process Automation.
The WDBE pre-event took place on the 20th of February 2020 and was hosted by the Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications together with the EU BIM Task Group.
We discuss, among others,
- The proof of concept that Rick’s company, Future Insight, carried out for the Estonian government’s e-Construction platform
- The work that Francesca is doing at TU Delft on GeoBIM
- What “redefining sustainability for urban future” means for the interviewees
- The most exciting developments in the built environment ecosystem
- What’s in the future for my guests
- The upcoming WDBE main event in September 2020
Video recording of the pre-event and downloadable presentations are at wdbe.org. There you can also submit your presentation and register for the conference.
About the podcast guests
Francesca Noardo is Postdoc in the 3D geoinformation group at the Delft University of Technology. She works towards the integration of geoinformation with BIM, envisaging the concrete employment of such technology for smart cities applications through the use of open standard data models and open technologies. Connect with Francesca on LinkedIn.
Rick Klooster is the Founder and CCO at Future Insight. He’s an experienced Chief Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. He’s a strong entrepreneurship professional skilled in Government, Urban Planning, 3D CityGML, Smart Cities, Management, and Spatial Projects. You can email Rick at >.