CEMEX Ventures, together with Dysruptek, Ferrovial, GS Futures, Hilti, VINCI Group’s Leonard and NOVA by Saint-Gobain, have announced the ten winners of the Construction Startup Competition 2021. Document Crunch, an AI-powered software to identify and explain critical issues in construction contracts, was chosen as the gold medalist of the 2021 edition.
The Pitchday took place in Miami within the BuiltWorlds 2021 Venture East Conference event. The startups had the opportunity to present their projects to a jury composed of the top representatives of each organizing company, as well as an audience of experts in construction, investment, and innovation.
Document Crunch with the nine other winners offer the most promising solutions within these five categories:
- Carbon footprint mitigation
- Supply chain optimization
- Efficiency in the jobsite
- Advanced building materials
- New construction methods.
The ten winners
The competition winners are:
- AI Clearing (United States)- SaaS platform that integrates seamlessly several data sources into BI systems to provide digital insights.
- hyperTunnel (United Kingdom)- Patented new method to build and renew tunnels and underground infrastructures.
- Nodes & Links (United Kingdom)- AI-based platform to create smart machines to automate project management.
- ObraLink (Chile)- Data collection system to automate critical construction site activities such as concrete poured and formwork.
- Presien (Australia)- AI vision systems to free heavy industries from the risks that threaten the safety of their people and business.
- ProcurePro (Australia)- Digital subcontractor procurement platform to close the digital gap between bids & commitments.
- RatedPower (Spain)- Cloud-based software to carry out the design and engineering of utility-scale solar photovoltaic plants.
- Schüttflix (Germany)- Platform to order, transport, deliver and dispose bulk material 100% digitally.
- WASTEBOX (Austria)- Digital waste management platform to automatically connect
customers with the right disposal partner for their project.
The chosen startups can enjoy competition benefits like investment, pilot projects at a global scale, and join the biggest ecosystem in the construction industry.
Increased interest in construction tech investment
Through the years, the quality and solutions of construction solutions have increased significantly, and investment figures in contech continue to rise, reaching a record-breaking figure. In 2021 of over $2 billion USD was invested until October, doubling the investment level when compared to previous years.
CEMEX Ventures’ team is already preparing its 2022 edition with the intention of drawing an even more promising scenario for the Contech ecosystem as well as for all the startups that will participate in the next call.
For more details and information about the sixth edition of the Construction Startup Competition, visit www.cemexventures.com.
Source: CEMEX Ventures, Monterrey, Mexico, November 11, 2021