People in Architecture – An Interview with Marianne Friis of Arkitema Architects
Marianne Friis is Head of BIM Management at Arkitema Architects, a Danish company. In this interview, we discuss architectural BIM, especially from the Scandinavian perspective.
Arkitema Architects was founded in Aarhus in 1969. Today, it is one of Scandinavia’s biggest architectural firms, with fifteen partners and a staff of 500 employees. The company has offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Oslo, Stockholm, and Malmö.
In this interview, we discuss the following topics:
- What has inspired Marianne to combine architecture and technology in her career?
- Who is Arkitema Architects?
- What is the state of BIM in Denmark?
- How does Arkitema use BIM?
- What are the main challenges of getting the full value out of BIM?
- How does Marianne see the future of BIM in 3 to 5 years?
You can reach Marianne via LinkedIn.
Listen to the interview (also in iTunes)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download