Simulation on the Web with SimScale – an Interview with David Heiny
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation requires extensive computational power. Cloud-based services allow architects and engineers to do simulations without investing in high-end hardware. In this podcast interview, David Heiny, the CEO and Co-Founder of SimScale, explains how AEC firms can run simulations in a web browser.
David is Co-Founder and CEO of SimScale. SimScale is a web-based simulation platform bringing together CAE functionality, content and people. Prior to SimScale, David’s roles included mechanical and software engineering positions, among others Co-Founder of an engineering simulation service provider. He holds degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and CSE from Georgia Tech and Technical University Munich.
In this interview, we discuss
- Where the idea of providing simulation tools online came from
- What types of simulations SimScale provides
- At what stage of the design process simulations are useful
- How to do wind analysis with SimScale
- What are the prerequisites for cloud-based simulations
- The learning curve
- What are the benefits of using the cloud
You can find more info at www.simscale.com and connect with the company on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Listen to the Interview (also on iTunes, Spotify, and several podcast platforms)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download