Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation requires extensive computational power. Cloud-based services allow architects and engineers to do simulations without investing in high-end hardware. In this podcast interview, David Heiny, the CEO and Co-Founder of SimScale, explains how AEC firms can run simulations in a web browser.
David is Co-Founder and CEO of SimScale. SimScale is a web-based simulation platform bringing together CAE functionality, content and people. Prior to SimScale, David’s roles included mechanical and software engineering positions, among others Co-Founder of an engineering simulation service provider. He holds degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and CSE from Georgia Tech and Technical University Munich.
In this interview, we discuss
- Where the idea of providing simulation tools online came from
- What types of simulations SimScale provides
- At what stage of the design process simulations are useful
- How to do wind analysis with SimScale
- What are the prerequisites for cloud-based simulations
- The learning curve
- What are the benefits of using the cloud